Quads of random life
2PAC VS. BIG: THE STORY
Alot of folks may know about some of this shit but it’s still interesting. Scolla wrote up a piece about this beef covering all the shit that the media outlets and documentaries failed to report. The article is too long so I took some notes from it. I would credit Scolla but his website no longer exist. This is still a good read though.
- King Tut (mentioned in Pac’s “Against All Odds”) came home from a murder trial and scored an internship at Puffy’s Bad Boy records. Jimmy Henchmen also mentioned in the same Pac song was known as BIG’s mentor on the streets growing up.
- While filming Above The Rim, Pac met Haitian Jack (mentioned in “Against All Odds” too). Haitian Jack was running the streets at the time and was closely associated with both Tut & Jimmy Henchmen. Jack was known for humiliating Jay-Z in public. Jim Jones speaks on that situation on “We Fly High (Beef Mix)”.
- BIG has previously warned Pac of his new friends claiming they were trouble. This was around the same time Pac started wearing more flashier clothing and jewelery. Jack had a major influence on Pac. It’s also been said that Jack and King Tut were the ones who really raped the girl that Pac was accused of. Pac said that Jack ended up snitching on him during that court case in various news articles.
- Even though Pac now had problems with Haitian Jack, Jimmy Henchmen tells Pac he has a guest appearance for him to do offering Pac 7,000 dollars. Arriving late to the studio session, Pac ends up getting set up in the hallway.
- A Hip Hop Cop revealed that in his book that Jimmy Henchmen put out the hit. Pac wasn’t shot 5 times as he was claiming. He was only shot once and that was in his nutsack (no homo). He created that story to save face. It’s pretty embarrassing to get robbed and shot in the balls. Who would want that story to leak?
- Before going to jail, Pac starts telling everyone that it was indeed King Tut who shot him with Jimmy Henchmen behind the whole set up. Meanwhile, Tut starts spreading rumors of Pac getting raped in prison. It was known that Pac could get touched in there with all the weight Tut & Henchmen hold.
- While Pac is locked up, this is where the Suge vs. Bad Boy beef starts. Suge was at the Platinum Club in Atlanta with his bodyguard Big Jake and his Blood homies. Meanwhile Puffy was there with his cousin Wolf Combs and a couple Crips. An altercation broke out that lead to Suge’s bodyguard being killed by Wolf’s cousin. Suge vowed revenge on Puffy.
- When Puffy said “I got millions of thugs on salary” he really meant that. Wolf Combs was a member of BMF (yes Big Meech’s BMF). Wolf ended up being kilt by one of Meech’s associate over some money. Puffy had a lot of Crips on his payroll protecting his company.
- Suge Knight was never a gangsta himself either. He was a college kid playing football who got put on by some Pirus. He just happened to pick up fast on the gangsta shit. Everyone knew (including The Feds) that Death Row was just a front for an Arms & Drugs ring.
- In 1995, Suge Knight was released from a halfway house for an assault and robbery case. This is when he started paying visits to Pac at the Danemorra state prison. They joined forces with a common enemy with Pac signing a slave deal for three albums under Death Row records. Some say Pac signed to get out of prisons, other say he signed to get the support for his war with Bad Boy.
- Remember when Pac said “Fuck Your Bitch And That Clique You Claim”? Well he wasn’t talking about Junior Mafia he was actually talking about Crips. With Suge having Pirus backing his label, Puff did the same racking up Crips from all over. What did you think BIG meant when he said “My Team In The Marine Blue”?. Every altercation Bad Boy & Death Row had boiled down to some gang related shit.
- Suge Knight & Pac announced an East Coast division of Death Row records in April of 96 with Big Daddy Kane & Wu-Tang being the head of the label.
- Orlando Anderson was DEFINITELY Pac’s Killer. Remember when Pac whooped his ass in Vegas? Well it was because Orlando snatched a Death Row chain a couple months earlier in Compton. Puffy had a 10k bounty on whoever can bring him a Death Row medallion. Orlando was also a Crip on Puff’s payroll. No one knows if it was revenge, or Orlando made a call to the East Coast and someone ordered the hit. This was why the LA Times published a story saying BIG had Pac killed. Although they were painted as the peace makers in the situation, BIG was doing just as much damage. He really live by the slogan “Bad Boys Move In Silence”.
- After Pac was killed the murder rate and gang violence in LA sky rocketed. It was said that Suge went to Nickerson Garden projects and was handing out AK-47’s and bulletproof vest to everyone.
- An associate of Suge Knight’s said during one night at a strip club, Suge was having a meeting with a few men. A drunken Suge jokingly was talking about how they were going to have BIG murdered.
After reading all of this, it was clear that they were all regular dudes surrounded by gangstas and got caught up in some serious bullshit. All Eyez On Me, The Seven Day Theory, and Life After Death are not just rap albums, but pieces of work full of testimonies and death threats to the enemy. This is why people like Jay-Z, Puff, Nas, and even Snoop were falling back from everything. Bodies were dropping on and off the scene, and people were scared to die. This was a real ass time in Hip-Hop. RIP to both Frank White & Makaveli The Don.
Cashmere to Suede
Weekend at The Bishop
Beautiful day for a videe shoot #goon #tjames #stuylife #naroc #brooklyn
If you in DC….
This Friday! M.A.N.U.P. Turns 5!
B.I.G. #thebishop #art #celebrate (at The Bishop)
Come through for just a small preview of our May 22nd Notorious B.I.G. Show! Tonight 6-10pm #thebishop #big #celebratebig (at The Bishop)